Mechanical testing lab
Following instruments are available in the mechanical testing lab
- For tensile strength testing there is a MTS Criterion Model 43.504 with a 30 kN force capacity and an axial extensometer for tensile testing attached to a computer with corresponding testing software.
- Profile projector Mitoyo PJ 2500 with a 300 mm screen diameter for detail magnification of delicate/fragile parts
- Basic regular Rockwell hardness tester: Wilson Wolpert Rockwell 500 RA with analogue reading of HRB, C, A, F and accuracy conform with EN-ISO 6508 or ASTM E-18.
- Two types of furnaces: Carbolite ELF 11/6 B with ramp heating and a maximum temperature of 1100 °C. The dimensions are (HxWxD) 165 mm x 180 mm x 210 mm and a Thermolyte 47900 furnace with a maximum temperature of 1000 °C programable for ramp heating and different dwelling times.
- A Terco MT3012 fatigue testing machine with a speed of 3000 rpm